Some Important Features are as below:
1) In order to be eligible for admission to any postgraduate course in a particular
academic year, it shall be necessary for a candidate to obtain minimum of
marks at 50th percentile in ‘National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test for
Postgraduate courses’ held for the said academic year. However, in respect of
candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other
Backward Classes, the minimum marks shall be at 40th percentile. In respect
of candidates as provided in clause 9(II) with locomotory disability of lower
limbs, the minimum marks shall be at 45th percentile. The percentile shall be
determined on the basis of highest marks secured in the All-India common merit
list in ‘National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test’ for Postgraduate courses.
2) No candidate who has failed to obtain the minimum eligibility marks as
prescribed in regulations, shall be admitted to any Postgraduate courses in the
said academic year.
3) In non-Governmental medical colleges/institutions, 50% (Fifty Percent) of the
total seats shall be filled by State Government or the Authority appointed by
them, and the remaining 50% (Fifty Percent) of the seats shall be filled by the
concerned medical colleges/institutions on the basis of the merit list prepared
as per the marks obtained in National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test.
4) 50% of seats in Post Graduate Diploma Courses shall be reserved for Medical
Officers in the Government service, who have served for at least three years in
remote and/or difficult areas. After acquiring the PG Diploma, the Medical
Officers shall serve for two more years in remote and/or difficult areas as
defined by State Government/Competent authority from time to time.
5)Application once submitted cannot be withdrawn.
6)The existing schedule, pattern, policy and guidelines are for ready reference
only but in no way they are or are ought to be treated as representative or
acknowledgment of fact that NBE is bound to follow the same in future.
7)Test Results for NEET shall be available on the website http://www.nbe.gov.in/neetpg by 31st Jan 2013.
8) Candidates will be able to schedule their exams based on the availability of test centre on the date, time and venue of their choice.
9) Applicants will be able to access the practice test in October 2012 upon entering their confirmation ID (issued at the end of registration and scheduling process).
10) Candidates kindly note that by registering for the NEET PG, they are
covered by Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA); as per NDA candidates
cannot disclose any question or contents of question paper in part or
otherwise with any person or party or website or such other
11) Any candidate found to register and/or applied more than one in NEETPG
2012 shall be automatically debarred from the exam.
12) Some of the Universities/institutions are having regulations that
candidates who are already pursuing the PG Course in their University or
in another University are not eligible for admission till they complete the
course. The candidates who are already pursuing PG Courses either
through All India Quota or State Quota and are applying for a seat under
All India Quota may confirm the eligibility conditions of that University in
this regard. NBE/MCC/MoHFW shall not be responsible if such
candidates are refused for admission. Such candidates may opt for the
subject and the college at their own risk and cost.
12) Kindly purchase Composite Information Bulletin-cum-Examination
Fee Voucher from the selected branches of Axis Bank. Refer to
Annexure of this information bulletin for list of branches of Axis Bank.
The unique serial number on the Information Bulletin-cum-
Examination Fee Voucher is available underneath the scratch panel
and needs to be entered on the NEETPG website for the online
registration and scheduling process.
13) The test comprises 240 multiple choice, single correct response
questions in English Language only.
14) Negative Marking: There shall be no negative marking.
15) Kindly note that, the test time of 195 minutes includes – 15 minutes of
test tutorial time and 180 minutes for attempting the test.
16) The examination shall be conducted from 23rd November – 6th
December, 2012, which is referred to as the testing window (with 24th,
25th, 28th November and 2nd December as non-testing days).
17) Candidates have the option of choosing their examination centre, date
and time through the online registration & scheduling system. Availability
of test centre option is on a first come first served basis, and candidates
will only be shown sessions that are available at the point of scheduling.
18) In the event of two or more candidates obtaining same percentile, the merit
position shall be determined by the number of wrong responses of such
candidates. Candidate with less number of wrong responses shall be
placed at higher merit.
19) In case of tie with same percentile rank and same number of wrong
responses, date of birth shall be considered to determine inter-se-merit. An
elder candidate shall be placed at a higher merit failing which marks
obtained in qualifying exam i.e. MBBS shall be considered.
20) Medical institutions that are not covered by centralized admissions for
MD/MS/PG Diploma seats through NEET are: –
(i) AIIMS, New Delhi
(ii) PGIMER, Chandigarh
(iii) JIPMER, Pondicherry
Such Institutions as may be notified by MoHFW, Govt. of India.