I have been researching during my UG days as well as these days, what are the options we have after completing most prestigious and most rewarding(???) course in the world. Yes we doctors need to think and plan our career. Because Its not easy to have a private practice for all the candidate and also not an interest of all of them. Some want to have decent peaceful life, while some wants a career full of action and lots of money. We all have made think be our surroundings (Atleast I was) that its very rewarding life after you complete MBBS. All the paths to glorious success is open before you after completing it. But is that so? We all know the answer. Its a Start of Our Journey. Real Journey. After MBBS.
Here are some options we have. I will be delighted to have your options and opinions in comments.
- Do Post Graduation.
-Jobs in various private hospitals.
- Jobs in Government Rural Hospital (PHCs , CHCs)
-Direct permanent Commission/Short Service Commission in Army Medical Corps.
Union Public Service Commission conducts Combined Medical Services Examination for recruitment to various posts as
- Assistant Divisional Medical Officer in the Railways.
- Medical Officer in Municipal Corporations
- Central Health Service (Health Ministry)
- Indian Ordinance Factories Health Services (Ministry of Defence).
- Candidates are also eligible to sit for the Civil Services examination after M.B.B.S.